Thursday, May 24, 2012

End of School Year - Part 1

Today was Jocelyn's last day in her 2-year-old class at preschool. I've spent much of today thinking back to the past 9 months, and am completely blown away at how much Jocie's grown. I remember just before school began I was really nervous about sending her because of her language issues. In September, she was barely getting out 3-word sentences, and her speech was hard for Ben and I to understand, much less anything else. Today, she was singing lyrics to a Fresh Beat Band song in the car, clear as day. She has made friends, learned to love art and music, and connected with her teachers in such a dear way. What's more, she's learned to LOVE school, which is something I cherish so much. From beginning to end, she was always so disappointed when it was an Ava-only school day, and giddy with excitement when it was her turn to go too. I know not many kids go to preschool as young as Jocelyn started, but I am so glad she had this opportunity. I truly don't think she'd be as intellectually advanced had she not been in school this year.



                   First day of school                                                   Last day of school

(I did not have her wear the same dress on purpose - she actually picked out her own outfit for the last day of school)

No comments:

Post a Comment