Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Helpful Hand

It seemed Molly's rough night last night would trickle into this morning - despite being up late, she still woke up at 6am this morning. She tried to nap on the way to preschool, only to sleep about 30 minutes. She wanted to fall asleep in the car again on our way to pick Ava and Jocie up, but this time I wouldn't let her, since it was so close to her regular naptime. Needless to say, Molly was not happy with this decision, and she screamed at me the entire car ride and most of the walks to the girls' classrooms.

We pick up Jocelyn second, and for some reason I don't even remember now Molly lost it yet again and was lying on the floor crying. Only problem was I had just been given two plants Jocie's been growing in her class, so my hands were full of styrofoam cups and not able to pick her up like usual. As I was trying to figure out how I would balance it all, Molly stood up all on her own, looked at Ava, and held out her hand. I said to Ava, "I think Molly wants you to hold her hand." So Ava took Molly's hand. Molly immediately stopped crying, and the two walked all the way to our car hand-in-hand. I don't know what made Molly decide her big sister could make it all better, but she clearly has good taste. I am SO incredibly glad these girls are such good friends, and hope they are holding each other's hands and helping each other through tough times for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment