Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Turning a New Leaf

I have written over the past few months about the struggles I have had with Jocelyn and her behavior. Today I have nothing but praises for my middle daughter. Recently she has been growing up before my very eyes. She cleaned the living room all by herself the other day without any coaxing or nagging. She helped me put dishes away the other day, and asks to help cook and prepare foods all of the time. She still struggles with her temper occasionally, but not nearly as much. Today in the car she was annoyed with Molly for singing or babbling or something. As she started to get upset, I told her she should ask Molly once to stop, and if Molly didn't listen she should just look out the window and ignore her sister. And SHE DID. I don't know if I should credit the end of the school year, her simply growing and maturing, or some other unknown cause for her behavior's improvement. To be perfectly honest, I don't care why she's behaving better. I just know I have been taking every opportunity to verbalize to her how proud I am of who she is becoming. It's bouts of good times like this that give me hope in the tougher times.

No comments:

Post a Comment