Monday, June 3, 2013

Molly-hug Magic

Today was a very long day. I didn't sleep well and woke up early, which is NEVER a good way to start things off. We are taking our neighbor to school the rest of the year, so there was an extra child in the house to entertain (not to mention behave my grumpy sleep-deprived self around). Molly has been dealing with pink eye for a day or two, and then woke up with a fever as well so she was puny and out of sorts. Despite all this, we got kids dropped off at school, went to get my hair done, came home just long enough to grab a quick lunch, picked up Ava from school, and went to the pediatrician. We were home for about 2 hours before I headed back out to turn money in at the dance studio and pick up Molly's prescription. Oh, and to top it all off I was having some "girl" issues of my own (sorry if that's TMI).

I tell you all of this to set the scene of a very tired Momma making dinner. I was making grilled cheese sandwiches, and after I had flipped them over I just sat down on the kitchen floor to rest for a minute. Molly came walking in to the kitchen at that moment. She saw me, paused, and then came running towards me. She collided with me and gave me a huge hug and said, "I love you, Mommy!!" Somehow this little person's hug alleviated my exhaustion and discomfort. Molly sat there and hugged and snuggled with me for about a minute, and it was hands down the best minute of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment