Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Lovely Thank You

This afternoon I received an email from Ava's teacher asking me to stop by the classroom when I came to pick up Ava. When I got there Ava's teacher gave me a mug that has written on it "Thank you for helping us grow" with little flowers drawn along the bottom. I have stuffed the classes take-home folders all year long. It was the perfect job for me because I could bring Jocelyn and Molly with me. I didn't help with the kids themselves, but I took care of some grunt work so the teachers had one less thing to worry about. It was a small way to help but I was more than happy to do it. In a similar way, this mug is a small gesture but it is still nice to be appreciated. I will miss my Tuesday folder stuffing, but looking at this mug each time I use it will surely bring a smile to my face just as it did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment