Thursday, June 27, 2013

Race to Say Hello

I was eating dinner with Ava and Jocelyn when the kids who live two doors down ran outside to play. I knew exactly what was coming next: even though they had both been claiming starvation for almost an hour, Ava and Jocie both inhaled what was left on their plates and asked to go outside. I warned them that once they left the table dinner was over, but there was no slowing these girls down. Ava finished first, and as she ran out the door and down the driveway, I saw our neighbor (also an Ava) running toward my daughter. It could have been a remake of the cheesy scene with the two people running toward each other on the beach. It immediately made me smile - Ava would complain later on about being humgry, but in that moment nothing was going to keep her from her friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment