Sunday, June 2, 2013

Papa's Princess

We have been very blessed that my dad works closely with Fort Detrick in Frederick, MD and travels to our area every couple months. That is, until the joys of sequestration kicked in. It has been six months since he's been out here, which is easily the longest stretch we haven't seen him since we moved to Virginia. It seems Molly is especially aware of this, as over the last week or she has randomly said to me, "Momma, Papa want to come to my house? He my BEST friend!!" 

This evening we had the chance to Skype with Papa for a few minutes. Of course, Molly was in the middle of a very riveting episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so it took a few minutes to pry her away. But once she was in front of that screen, she immediately lit up and squealed at her Papa. She proceeded to spend the next few moments making silly noises and laughing hysterically as my dad would "mess up" nursery rhymes. As we were getting ready to wrap up, Molly posed her question to Papa: "You wanna come my house?" He of course said maybe soon... to which she promptly brought out her best pout face. These two have a pretty special relationship, and it is so fun watching the two of them crack each other up and make each other smile. I'm telling you what, this girl loves her Papa, and while it will still probably be a while until she sees him in person again, I was glad she could get a little fix tonight to tide her over.

No comments:

Post a Comment