Saturday, June 1, 2013

Be Our Guest!

This morning was AWFUL. All three girls were in the mood to push any and all of each other's buttons, and I was not in any mood to deal with their nonsense. By 10am I was on the phone with my mom only half-joking on whether we would all make it to the end of the day in one piece. It was even more daunting as we were having one of Ava's friends over for the afternoon and evening. Would having an extra body in the house brighten everyone's mood? Maybe. But could it make life even more miserable? Quite possibly.

Fortunately, everyone had composed themselves by the time Samantha arrived. All four girls had a blast - there was almost no arguing at all (just a little complaining about younger sisters butting into the big girls' playtime). I took a handful of pictures, and at one point found myself wondering what for. I mean, it's not like we don't have people over all of the time. A small part of it was it was our first time out with the sprinkler this year, and it's always fun to document the firsts of each season. But I finally realized I was just so excited the kids were having so much fun after such a disaster of a morning. It turned out a guest was just what we all needed, and the day ended up WAY better than it began.

playing in the sprinkler

look at us!

ah, my youngest child...

drying off

time for a popsicle/ice cream sandwich break

movie time!

friends cozy in the papasan chair

No comments:

Post a Comment