Monday, June 17, 2013

Super Molly

I know, I know, this is Day 3 of me writing about Molly. I promise I love my other daughters too! ;) But this truly made my day:

I had to take Molly in for yet another blood test. I was less than thrilled, to say the least. Not only is this an unpleasant experience on its own, but I was worried Molly would still remember all the sticks during our hospital stay and just flip out. But in we went, with Jocelyn tagging along for moral support. I sat in the chair and put Molly on my lap. As the lab tech started cleaning Molly's arm and I had to hold her a little tighter, Molly started to fuss and whine a bit. I asked Jocie to come over and talk to Molly. She did, and it worked beautifully - Molly became totallu distracted. Then I saw Jocie's eyes get big as she said, "Oh, no, Molly!" Molly and I looked down to find the needle already in place. The child did not even flinch!! She just turned back to Jocelyn and kept right on talking to her. Never a hint of discomfort or fear. I was beyond floored. This little girl is one tough cookie. I must have spent the next 30 minutes telling both girls how proud I was that they could be so brave. (It was hard for Jocie to witness that, I'm sure.) The world had better look out for miss Molly, because at the rate this kid is going, her nerves of steel will be kicking butt and taking names in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment