Friday, June 28, 2013

Let's Bowl!

Tonight Ben and I finally got to have our date night that was postponed by Molly's hospital stay a few weeks ago. We went to Carrabba's and, thanks to a thank you gift from the Foleys for watching their girls when Catherine was born, Ben and I had a great meal for only $12.

Our after dinner plans had been up in the air. We couldn't really decide on a movie to see. Walking around wasn't really an option with the on-and-off rain. Finally Ben suggested we go bowling, and since we didn't have any better ideas that's where we headed.

It was SO much fun. I don't even remember the last time I bowled... and boy did that show in our first game! Ben blew me out of the water. I of course didn't go down without a fight, and eked out a victory in our second game. It was a good time reconnecting with my competitive self - I haven't allowed myself to be truly competitive in a while. It was nice, to say the least. I had a great time letting those juices flow once more, especially with Ben who loves to egg on. I am determined not to let so much time go by until the next time we have a "friendly" competition/date.

No comments:

Post a Comment