Sunday, June 9, 2013

Home Sweet Home!

Molly and I FINALLY got to come home today! A final set of labs revealed that Molly more than kicked this thing's butt all on her own. Still don't have all the answers - we know through several tests the things it WASN'T but can't say any more than it was a heck of a virus. Will continue to watch her over the next few months and keep in communication with her pediatrician, but for now it's a clean bill of health and no more hospital for us!

Tonight I find myself grateful for two things: first, the amazing staff at INOVA Fairfax. Every person who walked into our room all weekend came in with a smile on their face. They would talk to Molly and make sure she felt comfortable before talking to me. If we ever did need something it was provided within minutes. These people have a true passion for their jobs, and make sure the people they are caring for feel as safe and comfortable as possible. I cannot thank them enough for making what could have been a scary and stressful weekend really quite pleasant.

The second thing I am grateful is my bed. After sharing a hospital bed with my daughter all weekend, I could not think of a better place to be than my very own mattress in my very own room. I napped for almost two hours today, and tonight I fully intend to catch on some much needed rest. Itawas a crazy, unexpected kind of weekend. I am thankful for the bright moments I found in each day, and cannot wait to get back to life as normal in the days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment