Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Wonderful World of the Arts

I'm not sure how it happened, but I found myself watching the Oscars this evening. I'm not typically a big awards show watcher, but I was glad if nothing else to have watched to see the incredible tribute to musicals from the past decade. I love musicals - and not just the go-to The Sound of Music and Grease, but anything from Rent to Newsies to Chicago and so many others. There is an indescribable element that music and dancing add to the telling of a story. As I was thinking of all this, I realized how glad I am that my children are learning to love the arts as well. My house is filled with song, dance, and drawing at all times. I feel very proud that Ben and I are sharing with our children these fantastic forms of self-expression, and hope that the arts continue to fill our lives for many more years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment