Thursday, February 7, 2013

Good Morning

We began our day the way we've been starting it most days since Ben has been home in the mornings. Usually Molly wakes up first, babbling happily in her crib just before 7am. Right around 7, we start to hear, "MOMMY, here I am!!" Which is Molly's polite way of asking to be picked up out of her crib. I go in to get her and bring her into the bed with Ben and I and turn on Little Einsteins (or whatever show comes on Disney at 7am). Jocelyn is usually the second one awake and comes in shortly after 7. She squeezes her way into a spot between Ben and Molly and watches the show with us. Finally Ava will saunter in around 7:15 or 7:20, and unfortunately is forced to just find a place near the foot of the bed, as the real estate at the head of the bed is pretty well occupied. When Ben and I first got married I remember having to convince him that even though we are both little people and could fit on a full-sized bed, that one day we would want the extra space of a queen. These days, we find ourselves wishing for a king first thing in the morning as we are nearly pushed off our own bed. But I know these mornings are short lived, and it is by far the best way for me to start my day: with all my favorite people in one place, sharing a few quiet moments in each other's company.

No comments:

Post a Comment