Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Proud Momma

This morning I was trying to convince Molly she should get dressed. She didn't really want to get out of her pajamas... until she saw my old Jerry Rice jersey. I had pulled it out for the Super Bowl and let Jocelyn run around it as a dress and hadn't put it away yet. Molly grabbed it and decided that was her outfit of choice. Okay, fine. I threw on a pair of her leggings and the jersey and she was good to go. The kicker, however, was when I asked to take a picture of her, instead of saying "cheese!" my intelligent daughter shouted "Gig 'Em!!"


As you can see from the picture, this jersey is a TAD big - as soon as Molly's arms came down the collar fell off of her shoulders. Fortunately, I found a kid's size A&M jersey which served to not only make for a happier Molly but also made the "Gig 'Em" at picture time make much more sense.


I'm not sure who was happier, this jersey-wearing munchkin or her Momma for having a two-year-old who not only loves wearing football gear but has excellent taste in teams to root for.

So as not to neglect my other children, a close second highlight to the day was getting to watch Ava in her music class this afternoon. Parents were invited in to see the kids perform several of the songs they have learned throughout the year. They sang anything from My Country 'Tis of Thee to the Wheels on the Bus. Ava's favorite, and quite possibly mine as well, was the kids doing the Macarena. It was a throwback that was equally entertaining and terrifying. I leave you with this video so that you too may be left singing this ridiculously catchy song for days to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment