Friday, February 22, 2013

Sweet Dreams

Tonight I put the girls to sleep by myself for the first time in a while. It is always nice to have both adults to put the kids to bed - the odds for success are slightly better. But tonight was one of those nights when all three girls were mellow and bedtime was a breeze. I sat and practiced reading with Ava for several minutes, then read a book to her and Jocie before prayers and saying good-night. Molly had meanwhile been quietly watching her favorite nighttime show (the Pajanimals) so I sat and watched the final few minutes with her before taking her upstairs for some rocking and saying prayers. All three girls went down with no problems, and at least sounded as though they went right to sleep. We all missed Daddy in our bedtime routine, but it was nice that the girls cut me some slack and made my solo putting-to-bed a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment