Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pretty Eyes

Dance competition season is approaching. This year in an attempt to make the first weekend of hair and make up less stressful the teachers at the studio had us bring the kids in to be "inspected" to make sure we all know what we're doing. For the most part I was not worried - I have done Ava's hair and make up for years now. The difference for us this go-around was she is now required to wear false eyelashes. I won't even go into how I feel about this (that is a rant for another day) but I was worried about how Ava would handle the actual applying of the eyelashes. I've heard enough horror stories that I was not excited to try and glue something to my six-year-old's eyelid. However, turned out once again I had nothing to fear. Ava sat through it like a champ. She didn't flinch, whine, or say a single word of complaint. Not gonna lie, I don't know that I would handle it that well. There are occasions in which I wonder why we are doing some of the crazy stuff we do for dance. Then I see Ava take it all in stride and not let it bother her; I see her glow every time she practices and performs. It may all seem crazy to me, but my daughter is growing in self-confidence and self-esteem every day she dances. I suppose I can suffer through some eyelash glue in support of her passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment