Sunday, February 10, 2013

Made with Love

It's the weekend before Valentine's Day, which means we were making Valentine's Day cards for the girls' classes at school. I had been all set to buy the standard character cards that you fill in the "to" and "from" and call it a day. But oh, no... these are my children, who don't do things the easy way. They wanted to actually MAKE cards for their friends. Which was fine - we bought foam hearts and other supplies, and this afternoon during quiet time I helped Ava and Jocelyn make their friends' cards. It took a few runs to get a system down, but they had a lot of fun. I am glad that they wanted to take the time to make something - it makes the sentiment of Valentine's Day a little more real. And getting to spend time with my girls was a little gift of love for me as well.

Jocie working on her animal valentines

Ava showing off one of her masterpieces

No comments:

Post a Comment