Thursday, February 21, 2013

Fashion (Non)Sense

All of my daughters have had a strong fashion sense from a young age. Ava went through a year or so in which dress up costumes were the attire of choice. Jocelyn has not been as strong in her opinions but in general would rather be in a dress or skirt to twirl around in. Just over the last week or so Molly has become attached to a certain nightgown. This nightgown was originally Ava's. It is brown with polka dots and ballet slippers on the front, and hasn't really been worn by either of my younger children since we now live somewhere that gets genuinely cold in the winter. Suddenly, however, this is the ONLY thing that Molly wants to wear. When I go into her room first thing in the morning, the first words out of her mouth these days are, "Where my polka dots? I need my polka dots!!" Heaven forbid we have to leave the house and I actually attempt to put her in real clothes... "I no like my clothes! I wanna my polka dots!!" (Picture with this speech a very angry Molly face.) My girls have been specific with clothes but never had a SINGLE favorite item of clothing. This poor nightgown is getting washed more than any garment should, and maybe I am enabling my daughter, but there is something to be said for peace in the universe, and these days if wearing "polka dots" every day brings about a smidge more peace I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment