Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Riser

The last three mornings Molly has woken up earlier than usual. Not by a few minutes, but by half an hour. 6:30am rolls around, and all of a sudden like clockwork that kid is awake talking to herself and yelling for me to come and get her. I have made it a rule with all three of my kids that if they want to deprive themselves of some good sleep time I don't care, but I do not wake up until 7am. So until 7 Molly is stuck in her crib.

Fortunately, this does not seem to bother her a bit. She has never woken up crying, or gotten annoyed after a certain amount of time that I am not in there to take her out of her bed. She sings songs, plays with the plethora of stuffed animals she sleeps with, and does whatever it takes to occupy herself. She knows that I don't make her stay in there longer than is reasonable and therefore waits patiently (albeit loudly) until I can drag myself out of bed and into her room. I do not like this extra early rising one bit, but I am thankful that my child can entertain herself and knows that eventually, in my own good time, I will release her from her baby prison and she can start her day.

No comments:

Post a Comment