Sunday, February 17, 2013

Birthday Week Begins

Today marks Day 1 of what will turn out to be a birthday WEEK for Jocelyn. And we started off with a bang, having her party at Chuck E. Cheese. Let me first start by saying that we went to a party of one of Jocie's classmates on a Sunday morning just a few weeks ago. His was one of only two parties, and the entire store was fairly quiet. I thought that would make this a great day to have a party.

We arrived to discover we were one of EIGHT parties going on simultaneously. It was mayhem at its finest. But Jocelyn was in heaven. From the moment she woke up this morning she was singing "Happy Birthday to me!" and get this sheepish grin on her face. We walked into Chuck E. Cheese and she reveled in every second of her party. In the beginning she ran around playing as many games as she could, blowing through tokens like I've never seen anyone do. When it was time to sit at our table, she got up and danced and hugged and high-fived Chuck E. when he came around. I had the "privilege" of going into the Ticket Blaster with her. She was so ridiculously giddy to be in there, it made me laugh so hard. Highlight of the entire party: while in the Ticket Blaster Jocelyn caught a ticket WITH HER TEETH. She looked up at me with this grin and a ticket in the middle and I about died. I came home far more tired than any house party I've ever had to clean and prep for. But today was Jocelyn's perfect day, and that made every bit of exhaustion more than worth it.

walking in with her box of goody bags - we were on a mission!

The Birthday Girl

Molly riding with Barney - she was sure to give him a kiss and say thank you when the ride was over

merry-go-rounding with Marian

horse ride

Jocie's cake, courtesy of miss Sharon (as always)

I'm not sure why, but she was REALLY excited about this ride

Molly... not so much

Jocelyn playing with her friend Brennan

our party table

Ava being a great sport 

almost cake time!

getting crowned by Chuck E.

and the Birthday Star medallion

catching tickets!!

I hate that this is blurry, but the look of pure joy is hard to miss ;)

Chuck E. Cheese birthday party a success!


1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Jocelyn!! I can't believe you are already 4!!

    ReplyDelete