Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Jocie's 4!

Today marks another birthday for miss Jocelyn Rose. She had a pretty fantastic day - a playdate with her one friend who couldn't make it to her party on Sunday, dance class, chicken nuggets and tater tots for dinner (per her request) and chocolate milkshakes for dessert, and present-opening to cap the day off. (Somehow Jocelyn has held off even opening the presents from her party until tonight - kind of weird if you ask me!) I tried to be as lenient as possible with discipling without letting her break basic rules. Overall, she was happy most of the day and seemed to enjoy a bit of extra attention.

On this day four years ago I welcomed my second daughter into the world. Never did I imagine the young lady she is growing into. Jocelyn is my emotional child, as I've said many times. There is no small feeling - she is either jumping up and down with glee, or shaking with anger, or literally "WAH"ing with her mouth wide open. She is also my hugger; she will run to anyone at any given time and almost knock them down with her passionate embrace. She loves being the middle sister, looking up to Ava and following her example while showing Molly the ropes and helping her along the way. She is learning to be a true friend, and is incredibly loyal to those she chooses to hold close to her heart. She really enjoys putting together puzzles, and is incredibly good at them. She completes 25-piece puzzles without thinking twice, and is quickly learning to do the bigger ones on her own as well. She loves her dance class, and cannot wait to be a ballerina on stage at the recital this summer. She wants absolutely nothing to do with any kind of meat other than McDonald's-grade chicken nuggets, and would eat her weight in sweets if I would only let her. She would rather be in a dress most days, and has asked every day this winter if it's warm outside yet so she can wear what she wants and not freeze. This kid is pretty darn amazing, and I love her more than words can say. I hope that today she felt half as special as she truly is to me. Happy birthday, Jocie Rose, and here's to many more incredible birthdays on this crazy terrific ride we get to take together.

Jocelyn's "it's my birthday!" pose 

lunch playdate with Anna

A special birthday brownie

homemade chocolate milkshake - DELICIOUS!!

the carnage from opening gifts, each one of which was "just what she wanted!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment