Friday, August 9, 2013

Wine Down

This evening was like many summer evenings have been - my children wolfed down their dinner as quickly as possible so as to go outside and play with their friends as soon as they were finished. About 6:20 or so I joined them outside and ended up at my neighbor's house two doors down. She was sitting outside with a glass of wine and offered me one as well. My automatic response was to politely decline, but then I thought why not? We ended up sitting at the top of her driveway for the next hour and a half while our children ran around the block playing. We chatted about nothing in particular - no profound conversations were embarked upon. And yet it was the perfect way to end a rather hectic and stressful week. I returned home with my kids refreshed and relaxed - can't ask more from a Friday than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment