Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Wonder of Elevators and Puppies

Today was much like yesterday - morning at the beach, coming back and relaxing at the hotel in the afternoon and evening. The two moments I enjoyed today:

*Molly pretending to be a puppy. I don't know what's in the air down here but all three of my children have developed some crazy allergies. Of course Molly has them the worst and is just a faucet of constant snot coming out of her nose. And of course she is not allowing this to slow her down in the slightest. Tonight she crawled up to me with her stuffed dog in her mouth. I took it and she barked at me. I asked if she wanted me to throw the puppy and she said yes. So I did, thinking that would be the end of it. Fifteen minutes later, she was still barking and playing fetch as I was slowly getting grossed out by how wet this toy was getting from her saliva and probably mucous. It was cute to see her having so much fun, and made the yuck-factor much more bearable.

*The girls in the elevators. EVERY single time we take an elevator in our hotel, this is the image I see:


The girls are fascinated by the glass elevator and stared out to the hotel below each time we went to and from our room. It makes me smile to see the small things that amaze these kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment