Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Power of Caffeine

This evening Ava was CRAZY. I mean, the child was outside running around like a madwoman, sweating like crazy, but still came in for dinner talking a mile a minute. I kept telling her to calm down and she just wasn't. As I came to the table with my flavored water, Ava asked me, "Oh Mom, did you use the tropical flavor like me?" It was then that I realized: Ava had made her own flavored water earlier. Not normally an issue, except that the tropical flavoring I bought a month ago is an "energy" formula loaded with caffeine. As I watched my child about to crawl out of her skin, I realized she was on an incredible caffeine high. I mean, I'm not sure Ava has ever had more than a sip of soda when it comes to her caffeine intake. Well she sure got some today. She was NUTSO all night long. I sent her down to dance with the Wii for 30 minutes in hopes that it would get some of that energy out. She somehow managed to calm down so as to go to bed on time; we'll see how well she sleeps tonight. I hope not to see this side of my child again anytime soon... but I'd be lying if I didn't say it was slightly amusing to see Ava in such a silly and out-of-control state.

No comments:

Post a Comment