Monday, August 12, 2013

A New Look

For a few months now I have been considering rearranging the furniture in Ava and Jocelyn's bedroom. Jocie's headboard covered up the room's single air vent, so I've always felt the room doesn't circulate air as well as it could. This morning I bit the bullet and got to moving things around. I looked around about halfway through and wondered what in the world I had been thinking. I don't like the new look of the room much at all. I blame this on the orderly (or OCD) side of me that preferred the look before when the beds were symmetrical and the whole room was divided evenly down the middle. Now beds are facing in different directions and everything is uneven. And the girls LOVE it. They were so excited to sleep in their beds tonight. It's a fresh perspective for each of them, and will be a nice change for at least a while. And of course, the best part is that I managed to leave the vent completely unobstructed, so hopefully their room will be more comfortable to live and sleep in as well. Sometimes it's the little things. I'm glad my few hours of labor provided such joy and excitement for my girls - it will make my dislike for the lack or order much more bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment