Monday, August 19, 2013

The Power of $5

Today we made a Target run to buy supplies for our own trip to Virginia Beach. Tomorrow we leave to meet Ben and spend the rest of the week playing at the beach and enjoying all that Hampton Roads has to offer. I had told the girls that if they behaved while I bought what I needed that they could get a toy of some kind. The problem came when I said I wanted to have a five dollar cap on the toy they purchased and we couldn't find anything worth buying for that inexpensive.

So we opted to try something new (for us) and headed to Five Below, a sort of glorified dollar store in which the entire store is five dollars or less. I had never been in Five Below but had heard good things. It was fantastic. I loved it because the girls could pick up anything in the store and I didn't have to bargain with them or tell them no. The girls loved it because their options were limitless. In the end, Ava bought a stuffed turtle, Jocelyn got some nail polish, and Molly came away with some plastic dress up heels. I found a boogie board for our beach adventures, and walked out paying $20 for everything. It was a pretty exciting venture for this bargain-loving woman. I see many future visits to this gem of a store.

No comments:

Post a Comment