Thursday, August 1, 2013

Grown-Up Time

This evening I took Ava and Jocelyn to their dance classes, as I usually do. However, tonight I did something I rarely do: once they went back to their classes, I LEFT the dance studio. I often like to sit in the lobby and talk with the other parents. It serves as some nice adult time for me. But tonight another friend of mine was having a little get together at her house. So after the girls went to dance, I went to spend an hour and a half or so getting together with other grown-ups and having adult conversation. When I left to pick up Ava from her class, I even got a bonus conversation with one of the dance studio receptionists I am good friends with but don't get to see very often. It was a treat to take some time for me. I don't do it very often, but I am trying harder to do it more often so as to balance my role as Mom with my role as my own adult person.

No comments:

Post a Comment