Saturday, August 3, 2013

Boys' Night In

Tonight Ben invited the dads/husbands on our street over to watch some MMA fights on TV. I hung around until the second guest arrived, then graciously went upstairs to let the boys have their fun on their own. I won't lie though: I have been shamelessly eavesdropping at every possible opportunity. (I'm sure I'll catch heat when Ben reads this, but oh well.) It's been so fun hearing these guys talk about everything from fatherhood to the fighters' credentials and everything in between. This is the second time we have hosted such a gathering, and Ben has named the crew the Coalition of Dads. I think Ben often feels so outnumbered by the four other women he lives with, he takes advantage of any opportunity to have some good ol' guy time. There are six men downstairs right now, and they vary in age, occupation, and just about every other characteristic imaginable. Yet they are all having a great time. I say for probably the millionth time, we live on the best street in the world. We are blessed to live near people who are not only neighbors but friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment