Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Ice Cream Cone Date

Ava was at a sleepover last night and this morning, which meant it was just Molly and Jocelyn and I. It became clear very early on that this was going to be one of those days when Molly and Jocelyn would be pushing each other's buttons NONSTOP. So about mid-morning we left the house, hoping a change of scenery would also change the antagonistic attitudes. We stopped by the preschool to drop off some paperwork, and then I decided to make a McDonald's stop. The girls had each gotten a booklet full of coupons from the library as part of their summer reading program, and one of the coupons got them a free small cone. They were each over the moon excited. We sat, eating our cones (I of course had to get one for myself) and loving life. It was the highlight of my day for sure - spending time enjoying a treat with my little (temporarily not quarreling) girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment