Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Beach Bums

Today was our first day at the beach. I wasn't sure how much the girls would really enjoy the beach. They have been excitedly talking about going to the beach all summer, but I know all too well how they can be completely engrossed in something and an hour later be completely over it.

They never did get bored of the beach. We arrived at 9:45am and were the ONLY people on the entire beach. Ava immediately jumped into the surf, while Jocie and Molly spent some time playing in the sand. In the end we stayed at the beach until just after 1pm. Ben and I managed to keep the children well protected from the sun while thoroughly cooking ourselves - the aloe lotion will be used a LOT over the next few days. I remember always loving the beach as a kid, and I am so glad to see my kids share this love.

Like I said, Ava jumped right in

Jocelyn had to warm up to the water, so she started WAY back in the sand

Molly scoping out the buckets

Ben and Molly building sand castles

family beach day

Ava loved the water


I love this picture

Jocelyn testing out the surf

She kept trying to quickly turn and run away and would fall! 

This was as close as Molly ever got to the water on her own

Jocelyn's mermaid pose

jumping!

Ava's mermaid picture

In Daddy's arms, Molly was all about getting in the surf


All smiles after our first beach day

drying off

snacking

No comments:

Post a Comment