Saturday, August 31, 2013

Aggie Day

Today marked the official kick off of college football in the Seward house. I spent most of the day being a C- parent, paying attention to my children in between plays and only fulfilling requests during commercial breaks. But contrary to years past, the girls were very cooperative and even happy to be included in the football excitement. I usually am met with whines and protest when I demand Aggie gear be worn; today all three girls put on their Texas A&M garments without complaint. They actually sat and watched portions of the game with us. (Not much, but still an improvement from before.) Ava remembered pretty quickly the basic rules of the game and could follow along. Molly learned how to put her thumb up and say "Gig 'em, Aggies!" All three girls had fun yelling "Go Aggies!" at the television screen. College football is a passion of mine - always has been, always will be. It is very fun that my kids are finally participating and including themselves in a pastime that I enjoy so much. Maybe it's out of love for the game, maybe it's out of necessity for attention; either way, we had a fantastic first Aggie Day of the college football season, what I hope will be the first of many more in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment