Friday, March 1, 2013

Another Day, Another Decade

Today I celebrate my 30th birthday. For each of my children's birthdays I always write about who they are at that point in their life. So going off of that, I thought I would just write about my day as a reminder of what a typical day for me at this stage of my life is like.

*I woke up this morning at 7:15am. I got to "sleep in" because all three girls slept that late. On the same day. By the time I had to go get Molly out of her crib I felt like a million bucks. It's amazing what an extra 30 minutes of sleep will do.

*Ava remembered it was my birthday, and gave me a huge hug and wished me a happy birthday without any prompting - a first for my kids.

*When the other two heard it was my birthday, Jocie asked where I was going for my party. I said I wasn't having a party. Then Molly asked where my presents were. I said I didn't have any presents. I think after that they didn't really believe it was my birthday, since I was missing such vital components to my day.

*Ava had sports day at school and therefore opted to wear her A&M jersey. I was a proud Momma to see her so excited about sporting her Aggie attire; she was excited I let her wear the jersey like a dress with only leggings underneath.

*I took the time to get a long shower. It was long enough that I ran out of hot water - not something I was happy about, but I was still clean and shaven when all was said and done.

*I got to help a nearly frantic Jocelyn get to the bathroom on time. She walked into my room with a panicked look on her face: "Mommy, my poop is almost coming out!!"

*Molly REALLY did not want to nap this afternoon, spending a solid hour and a half yelling in her bed anything from random songs to the occasional "I no wanna go to sleep!!" You know, in case I hadn't figured it out. (She finally slept for a bit, thank goodness.)

*Ava had dance tonight, so we waited until after that to go out. Jocie and Molly had dinner earlier and just got dessert at Ruby Tuesday's, while Ava, my dad and I ate some dinner. Little did I know I would get a circus show as well. Jocie ate a bowl and a half of ice cream, and still tried to poach some of my cupcake I received for my birthday. Molly ate ice cream as well, although she of course interrupted her ice cream consumption to have a plate of broccoli. We certainly livened up the place while we were there.

*As I out the girls to bed, Ava gave me a flower she has had attached to her bed, saying if she didn't get to buy me something she would give me something instead.

*Throughout the day I received numerous phone calls, Facebook messages, and face-to-face well wishes from family and friends. These are the best gifts of all to me. I am not a big birthday celebrator - I don't care for big to dos or lavish gifts. To know I am being thought of in a special way today by so many people is the greatest gift. I am blessed in so many ways, and I know this will be the start of a new and fantastic decade. I have had an incredible 30 years, and I cannot wait to see what the next 30 years have in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment