Thursday, March 28, 2013

Power of Prayer

The past 24 hours have been very hard for me emotionally. The reasons are not important, but I have been struggling greatly. I am a firm believer in the power of prayer, and when my own prayers did not seem to be doing enough I reached out to the world through Facebook. I am a very guarded person and do not like showing my vulnerabilities, but late last night I asked for prayers to lift me up and help me to cope in a better and more trusting way. As of now, I have had 14 people comment on my post saying they are praying for me and over 50 people "like" my post which I take as support as well. That doesn't even include all the people who read my post and did not post anything but sent up a quick prayer for me anyway. How do I know this? Because after starting off my day barely able to get through 5 minutes without bursting into tears, tonight I am back on my feet walking my path. I am walking slowly and not sure where the path is leading me, but thanks to the prayers of so many loving family and friends I know God is lifting me up and guiding me. Every conversation, text, and message of support meant the world to me today. I am blessed beyond words, and I know that with the help of God and my loved ones I will get to the other side of this tough time and be stronger in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment