Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Midday Snuggles

I was in the kitchen after lunch cleaning up leftover napkins, silverware, whatever. It was almost time to take Molly upstairs for quiet time, so I poked my head into the living room to check on her and possibly warn her that her time was nearly up. I quickly popped back into the kitchen, grabbed my camera, and captured this:


I cannot begin to express the joy that swelled in me at this moment. This is why we have these children. This is why we tolerate the tantrums, separate the arguments, breathe through the bad days. Because as much as these two can be at each other's throats on any given day, at the core they are sisters and friends, and love each other as such. This image will stay with me for a long time, for its sweet and pure expression of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment