Saturday, March 30, 2013

Block Par-tay

This afternoon we had a "spring fling" on our street. A few of my neighbors thought it would be fun to get the kids out hunting eggs, playing sports, eating, dancing, and enjoying what was (finally!!) some beautiful weather. It was a blast. The girls had so much fun playing and running around with the other kids in our neighborhood. Ben and I got to catch up with our neighbors that we don't often see during the winter months when we are all keeping warm inside. Last night I went to my next door neighbor's house to help stuff eggs for the event. I was saying to them that when we chose to buy this house, it was not because it was the prettiest. There were one or two others that we looked at that had been updated or remodeled. Our house had the original MAUVE bathrooms and a kitchen straight out of the 80s. But I can live with the less than picture perfect house for the community we have gained living here. I can't think of a more perfect place to raise my daughters, and can't wait for many more block parties to come.

the group (minus a few, believe it or not!) pre-egg hunt

my little bunnies

this is the only picture in which she actually looked at me

Jocelyn bowling in our driveway

I just wanted to get a picture of Ava in her ears... I fear for our future :P

dancin' in the street

here is a bit of the dance party - it was entertaining to say the least!

No comments:

Post a Comment