Thursday, March 21, 2013

Me(ish) Time

This morning we attempted to do a little shopping for me. Crazy, you say? Maybe, but my mom has wanted to take me out since she got here to do a little post-birthday shopping. So we dropped off Ava at school and headed down to the outlets. I found a hoodie I really liked but struck out on jeans. Just as we were walking into the second store and my eyes were catching all kinds of fun things to try on, my phone rang.

It was the school. Ava was in the nurse's station with a fever. A horribly selfish part of me started thinking of someone I could call to pick Ava up until I was done with my shopping. But good sense (and lack of options) made me realize that a new hoodie would be it for me today. What was nice was that I did not lookat a single thing to buy my kids. At this point in my life I will embrace a bit of time to put myself first. Even though it was cut short, my me-time was long overdue and greatly enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment