Thursday, March 7, 2013

Neighbor in Shining Armor

This afternoon I received a great gift from my neighbor. While I picked up her son from school, I dropped off my kids along with him at their house... and then went to Target. Alone. I was able to shop for an entire 45 minutes without hearing a child complain of being bored or hungry or having to go to the bathroom. I hadn't had time to make a list, and yet I was still able to remember everything I needed to pick up. Then I went back to my neighbors' house and we all ate dinner together. The kids got along (mostly) and we adults got to sit and talk. Rachel takes Ava to school three mornings a week, but while I leave Ava off there so often we rarely have time to just talk. I was very grateful that she offered to watch my girls just long enough for me to get a mini break, and that we got to catch up. She is a great help to me with carpooling, but as much as I appreciate her help I treasure her friendship even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment