Monday, March 4, 2013

Daddy's Girls

Ben has been gone training with the Navy for a little over a week now. It is the longest he has been gone in a very long time. Having my dad in town the last few days has been a nice distraction, but the last day or so it became clear that even Papa cannot take Daddy's place. Tonight we skyped with Ben for the first time since he's been gone. The girls could not get enough time talking to their Daddy, telling him about all the fun stuff they have been doing, what they might do soon, really anything at all to keep talking. When Molly got her turn, she lit up when she saw her Daddy on the screen, then buried her head in my chest and said, "I miss my Daddy." Bedtime was a little harder tonight, with my daughters a little more down than usual. I took the opportunity to talk to the girls about it being okay to miss Daddy, but at least we can talk to him on the phone and computer, and he will be back soon. It's not easy, but will be good practice for future times when Ben has to be gone. As tough as it is to see my girls so sad, I love that they are all so close to their Daddy, that they miss him like crazy and can't wait for him to come back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment