Monday, September 9, 2013

School Days

Today was Jocelyn's first day of school for the year. She was SO very excited to see her friends, both old and new, and get to be in the same classroom that Ava was in two years ago. I think she enjoys the familiarity of having the same teacher Ava did, while being excited to get to have her own experience in there this year. The funniest thing: as a back-to-school project Jocie had to say what she was excited to get to do this year. Her answer was to do homework! I can't wait to remind her in the years to come how she once wanted nothing more than to get to have homework.

Jocelyn's first day of school picture

the sisters - two out of three school-bound!

Jocelyn and her best buddy, Brennan

It was equally fun this evening to reconnect with a blast from the past. Paul was a freshman at Central Catholic when I was a senior, and one of the many drumline kiddos that I adopted as my own. Well he moved to the northern Virginia area in recent months, so tonight we had Paul and his girlfriend over for dinner. I seriously don't know if I've seen this kid in the last ten years, and without the power of Facebook we wouldn't be in touch at all. But it was great to meet back up after all this time to hear what he's been up to and have him meet my family. We've both grown up a lot, and it was fun to reconnect as adults with someone with whom I share so many schooltime memories of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment