Sunday, September 22, 2013

Proud Little Sister

This morning at church the girls were pretty well-behaved, but as is typical of most outings involving children the longer time lapsed the more antsy the kids became. Just after coming back from communion Molly was acting especially squirmy. I looked at her and said, "Do you want to get to see Miss Katy? Then you have to sit and behave." (Miss Katy is our friend who sings in the choir, and if the girls behave during church they get the reward of standing with Katy during the final song at the end of Mass.) It seemed that I was not completely clear in my wording, because before I knew what happening Molly had darted over to stand with Miss Katy right then and there. Fortunately it was not a problem and Molly behaved herself the extra few minutes she was an honorary part of the choir.

What was especially endearing was when the final song did begin and Ava and Jocie went to join Molly, Molly was gleaming with excitement. She had one big sister on either side of her, and she linked up her arms with each of theirs. When they were linked up Molly gave Ava and Jocelyn's arms a big squeeze and just beamed with joy. I can't take any credit for it at all, but it makes me so happy as a mom to see such outpourings of love among my children. They have such a close and special bond, and I hope that they will always take such pleasure in sharing everyday life with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment