Thursday, September 26, 2013

Praying Preschool-Style

This afternoon I was driving Jocelyn and Molly home from school, asking them about their days. It was much of the normal: Jocie was proud that she didn't get any time outs and shared about her adventures on the playground. Molly had fun on the playground today too, and ate rectangle crackers for snack. I asked her if she could tell me the prayer they've learned to say before they eat snack. Suddenly I hear from the back seat: "Bring it down, bring it down, bring it down!" I looked in my rearview mirror to find Molly slowly lowering her praying hands from over her head to just under her chin. She then closed her eyes and said, "God is great, God is good, and we thank him for our food. AMEN!" She even made the sign of the cross at the end, which is not something they do in school as it is a Presbyterian school. I was so proud of how well she already knows this simple yet powerful prayer. Since I was driving I couldn't get a video at the time, but hopefully I can make one soon so everyone can share in the sweetness of my littlest preschooler's praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment