Tuesday, September 10, 2013

... and Then There Were None

Today was the third and final first day of school for the Seward girls this year. Molly went for her first day of preschool. She surprised me with her subdued excitement. She was not bouncing up and down and loudly excited like her older sisters tend to be. She was excited for sure, but at the same time very quiet and calm. We took Jocelyn to her room first and then walked down to Molly's classroom. I squatted down, gave her a hug and a kiss, and told her to go inside. She very calmly walked in and found a toy to play with. I stood there for a few seconds to make eye contact with the teacher and then headed out.

When I picked her up two hours later (they have a shortened schedule this first week), she ran to me with a big smile and gave me a hug. When she pulled away, she looked at me like something wasn't right or she had forgotten something. Then the lightbulb went on... and she ran back to give her teacher a hug. Especially for my youngest child who isn't always a big hugger, that was a huge indication to me that she already loves her teacher and class. While we killed an hour waiting to pick Jocie up Molly talked nonstop about her day - who her teachers are, what she did inside and out on the playground, what she had for snack. I learned it all. The one thing she kept saying was, "I can't wait to see my new teacher again!" I love that she finally has a class to call her very own, and I am so excited that she, like her sisters, has such a love for school.

backpack on, ready to go!

last sister-first-day-of-school pic

... of course we have to have the silly pose, too

No comments:

Post a Comment