Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Customer Service Success!

Today was a very long day. Not bad, just LONG - filled with taking care of an ailing Jocelyn, who I am sad to say is not quite the easy patient Molly is. Then there were several other minor stresses and nonsense that made me welcome sitting and relaxing at the end of the day.

Until I started trying to place on online order with Old Navy. I had a really good coupon that of course expired tonight, and the website wouldn't accept it. I called the customer service line and got to wait on hold for at least 10 minutes to even talk to a human being. I was not hopeful for a positive outcome...

... until it all turned around. The individual I spoke to had no problem taking my order himself, getting me my free shipping and using my coupon so I got 7 shirts for $45. (I love me a good deal!) When my order was complete, I was then transferred to the credit card department, where I not only finally found out why I haven't been able to access our account online for years but was able to fix the problem once and for all in another 5 or 10 minutes. In a time when phone customer service encounters can be nothing short of sheer torture, this easy and productive interaction put a bright spot on an otherwise dull day.

No comments:

Post a Comment