Friday, September 13, 2013

Giggly Girlies

For whatever reason, today my daughters were even more energetic and laughter-filled than usual. In general this is of course something to celebrate and be thankful for. However, like most things, sometimes too much of a good thing does not seem so good, and there were a few moments when I wished my girls would calm (and quiet) down a bit.

Example of the day: It was our first official dance day of the fall. This year the plan is to take not only our friend Jaelyn but another schoolmate Sophia to the dance studio on Fridays with us. I already knew it was going to be an exciting trip as I tried to herd these five girls from the playground at the school back to our car. Sure enough, there was chatter, games, and LOTS of loud squealing the entire car ride. I did make one or two requests to watch the volume, but in general I just let these loud girls be loud girls. I mean, I didn't really want to listen to all that craziness, but at least they were happy sounds. They weren't getting into trouble or breaking any rules. I took the moment to embrace the noise of these five girls letting loose and having fun after a long week. This was their time; mine would come with the peace and quiet that follows bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment