Friday, July 12, 2013

Moms (and Ellie) Night Out

Tonight I went to dinner with Amanda and Sharon. We could have been celebrating Amanda's upcoming birthday, or getting out one last time before Sharon's husband leaves for a while making an adult night out impossible. But really, we just used those reasons as excuses to get out together for the first time in FOREVER sans kids. (Well, a nursing Ellie did tag along, but she was an excellent guest.) I don't remember the last time we got to go out the three of us, which means it has been far too long, but I was reminded of how much I consider these ladies family to me. Even though I don't see them nearly as often as we used to, we got together and talked about anything and everything for a solid four hours. I'm sure our waiter hated us, and we certainly got a few looks from others around us when someone got overly loud or animated in a story, but we could not have cared less. It was a great night out, and I feel blessed that even if we go months between such outings we are able to pick up right where we left off the last time and have a blast as fellow moms, wives, and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment