Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Baby Fever-less

This afternoon Jocelyn and Molly helped me babysit Jaxon, the son of one of our dance teacher friends. In the beginning the girls had a BLAST - I had to constantly remind Jocelyn to back off a bit and let Jaxon get tired of the toy he was holding before shoving another one in his face, and while I kept trying to convince Molly that Jaxon didn't really NEED to wear the bib she had uncovered in our kitchen, she wasn't buying it. Jaxon of course was mesmerized with a room full of new toys and two big(ger) girls who gave him their undivided attention.

Then the newness wore off. After a few hours the girls were ready to get back to playing with their own big kid toys, and Jaxon realized he really should have taken that nap I was trying to give him earlier. As we drove to the dance studio to bring Jaxon back to his Momma, he was overtired and out of sorts... which of course means he was crying about 85% of the drive. Molly kept trying to gently "shhh" Jaxon, then would get annoyed because it wasn't working. Jocelyn said over and over, "My ears hurt from Jaxon's crying!"

I had realized just before Jaxon came to us today that the age difference between he and Molly is almost the exact same as between Molly and Jocelyn. I CANNOT imagine having a six- or seven-month-old on top of the (albeit wonderful) chaos my current children already provide. We may or may not have more kids in the future, but for now I am more than content with what I have. I love taking care of friends' babies and then promptly returning them. It was both amusing and comforting to know that after a few hours with one of our favorite little people, my daughters feel the same way that I do.

Jocelyn thought it was absolutely HYSTERICAL that every time she put a toy in front of Jaxon he would immediately put it in his mouth

checking each other out

Molly showing Jaxon how the toy worked... she was all about demonstrating, not so thrilled with having to share (and notice she was wearing a bib of her own as an example for her little friend)

No comments:

Post a Comment