Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A New Friend

We have had new neighbors move in across the street. I had heard that it was another military family with three "older" girls. While I am overjoyed at the prospect of having babysitters so close, I have tried to let them get settled in before going over and overwhelming them with our circus.

Ava, as always, has plans of her own. The youngest girl to move in is Sophia, who is 10 years old. I guess she had seen the other kids on the street, decided they were a lot younger than her, and decided to keep to herself. Ava saw her one day and (I have a feeling) dragged her out of her house and brought her into whatever games she and the other neighbor kids were playing. That was on Sunday, and Ava and Jocie have spent much of their time every day since then with their new friend. Having moved when I was 10, I can say with absolute certainty that I would have NEVER made friends so quickly with anyone, and at no time in my life did I initiate a friendship with anyone. I am an extreme introvert when it comes to new situations. I thank God that my children did not inherit those genes, but rather their father's genes to make friends immediately with just about anyone they meet. It's great to have another new friend on our street to share our many adventures with.

No comments:

Post a Comment