Monday, July 1, 2013

Evening Silliness

Tonight Ava and Jocelyn had what will for the rest of the summer be their Thursday night classes. (This Thursday being Independence Day they held the classes today as a make-up day.) Jocelyn finished at 7:15, but Ava was in class until 8:15. So this one week I stayed with Jocie until Ava was finished. It worked out well - there were a few other younger kids hanging around the studio, so they entertained each other. But by about 8pm - Jocelyn's usual bedtime - Jocie started getting a bit loopy. She didn't throw a tantrum or cry or scream, but she was definitely tired and acting extra crazy and silly as a result. I tend to be pretty scheduled with my kids, so I am always nervous when we have to break our routine. Tonight I was glad Jocelyn was silly rather than screaming from being tired. It was a small victory at the end of a long but good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment