Monday, July 15, 2013

Getting Ready

This time tomorrow Ava and I will be in Atlantic City for the Beyond the Stars National dance competition our dance studio is competing at. I spent most of today getting ready - triple checking the costumes, hair, and make up, packing the suitcase, making sure everything is set for Ben and the girls who are staying home. There have been a few moments of excitement but mainly bouts of absolute panic - what if I forget something? Will Molly get sick while I'm gone? What about the million other things that could POSSIBLY go wrong?

This afternoon I went food shopping with Heather Allan. Ava and I are staying with her, her two daughters, and one other dancer whose parents can't make it. We purchased what I am sure will be more than enough food for the next few days, and talked out a lot of our concerns and worries. It is so nice to be sharing this experience with someone else, especially someone who views so many things, from finances to morals, as I do. I will probably still get a horrible night's sleep due to the nervousness surrounding this trip, but once we get there I will have a great time with some incredible people.

No comments:

Post a Comment