Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Jocelyn's Gift

This morning Jocelyn was sent to her room to "take a break." I can't even remember what exactly she did, but I'm pretty sure it somehow involved her bothering her sisters. Jocelyn loves so fiercely, but sometimes that translates to her literally smothering others with love, which is not always appreciated. Anyway, I sent her to her room to cool off for a few minutes. When I went upstairs to tell her she could come out of her room again, I found she had spread her comforter across her room and anchored the ends on her and Ava's beds, creating a makeshift tent. Bad mood gone, she told me she wanted to show her sisters the "club" she had made. Back in the living room, I could hear Jocie upstairs telling Ava to close her eyes and walk into the bedroom. Ava made the appropriate "OOH!!" response upon opening her eyes, and as Molly joined in the girls spent the next hour making several clubs/tents. It was great to see a situation that started fairly negative end up so positive, and to see Jocelyn's love for her sisters channeled in the perfect way.

No comments:

Post a Comment